Dr. Mark Burgess
Dr. Burgess has focused on exotic pets since graduating in 1986, giving him extensive experience with these species that few practitioners can match.
- Opened Southwest Animal Hospital in 1995
- The practice now consists of over 95% exotic pets and less than 5% dogs and cats; this is the highest ratio of exotic pets in any full-time veterinary practice in Oregon
- Has discovered numerous new diseases of exotic animals, and is a published author both in medical journals and textbooks
- Teaches exotic pet medicine at Oregon State University’s Veterinary School
- Lectured at national and international medical conferences
- Appeared in television and newspaper stories covering exotic pets & their medical problems
- Featured in Ferrets Magazine as one of “Eight Great Ferret Vets” in the United States
For more details of his accomplishments and credentials Click Here.