Dr. Elise Desonier
Dr. Desonier graduated from Louisiana State University in 2015.
She has since worked in Texas and Alaska before deciding to head back to Portland and work for us. Her Veterinary interests include exotic medicine, wildlife medicine, ultrasound and surgery. Her background is varied between animal clinics, zoo medicine, shelter medicine, and aquatics.
In her spare time Dr. Desonier enjoys traveling to new places as well as kayaking and hiking with her canines, Cowboy and Stella.
Click below to learn more
- Bachelor of Science, Natural Resource Ecology and Conservation Management, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, 2011
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), School of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, 2015
Associations / Memberships
- American Veterinary Medical Association 2011-present
- Veterinary Information Network Forum 2015-2017
- Texas Veterinary Medical Association 2015-2017
- Association of Avian Veterinarians 2016-2017
- Developed, conducted and completed a biomedical research project, titled “Efficacy of Antibiotic Therapy for the Treatment of Edwardsiella ictaluri infection in Zebrafish, Danio rerio.” Manuscript in preparation. Poster presentations at the 2012 Merial-NIH National Veterinary Scholars Symposium and at Phi Zeta Research Day at the LSU School of Veterinary Medicine. It was presented by my mentor, Dr. John Hawke, at the annual meeting of the World Aquaculture Society in Nashville, February 2013.
- DEA and DPS licensed
- Oregon State Board Certified, February 2017
- Alaska State Board Certified, February 2016
- Texas State Board Certified, August 2015- currently hold an inactive license
- Passed National Boards, April 2015
- Wildlife Hospital of Louisiana Public Presentations about raptors, 10 total since April 2012
- Research Poster Presentation: “Efficacy of Antibiotic Therapy for the Treatment of Edwardsiella ictaluri infection in Zebrafish, Danio rerio.”, 2 times in 2012